Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Recent Realization


You know you're the perfect candidate for What Not to Wear when:

  • Your neighbor sees you with your hair down (just down, not blow dried, styled or fixed in any way) and exclaims, "Wow! You did your hair!"
  • Same day, different neighbor: "Look at you all dressed up."  (I was wearing a cotton skirt and a tank top, people.)
  • You wear flip flops. Every. Single. Day.
  • Your favorite t-shirt is one you've owned since 1998.
  • You've had the same exact hairdo since high school.
  • You used a hot glue gun to repair your eyeglasses and continued to wear them, indifferent to your husband's requests that you wear the Versace ones he just bought you.  Why? They are more comfortable!
  • You find yourself defending the moms on WNTW who run errands in their sweats.  Come on, what's the big deal? 
  • The thought of actually ever meeting Stacy and Clinton scares you a little.
  • The thought of seeing yourself in their 360 scares you even more.
  • You haven't shaved your legs since. . . hmm, what month is it?
  • Comfort always takes priority.
  • Your only accessories are your kids.

8 comments:

Paulina said...

I'm still chuckling! Amen to all of that - heels are no longer a part of my life.

Tiffani said...

Maybe if we went on it together they wouldn't be as scary. I am in the same boat girl. I even had a friend tell me she would like to nominate me for the show. Sure made me feel good. :)

MediocreMama said...

Listen, I found myself running errands the other day in XL Gap sweats and a Piggly Wiggly t-shirt. I didn't realize I had walked out of the house like that until I saw myself in a store window. Part of me wanted to go home, the other part (the bigger part) didn't care and finished my errands. Blah.

Marcy said...

dude- that sounds so just like me!! should i be concerned!!

Sara said...

good one, man. good one.

Keiauni said...

Ah. They would rake me over the coals. I consider cute pj pants to be part of my daily wardrobe.

that can't be good.

here's a good one. I made a run to albertson's for milk 2 weeks ago. people kept smiling at me when they walked past. I looked down and realized I was still wearing the red polka dot apron I put on to wash the dishes. Sheesh!

Lindsay Clegg Sundloff said...

Diana, I love this post as I sit here just walked in from the pool. I still have orange drink stained on my white cover-up. I need to go change. We are coming to Cali - Newport in Aug. would love to see you.

Alicia said...

Oh my gosh. That's so hilarious.