Conway has been trying to potty train Marley for like a year. I'll admit, I haven't been very supportive. Diapers are just so much easier.
But now that Marley is three Conway has cracked the whip on both of us. Marley wears big girl underwear, is forced to sit on the potty several times a day, hears promises of presents and treats and waterparks, etc. etc.
My house has turned into a litter box. It reeks of urine in here. I am running the carpet shampooer (borrowed from a sweet neighbor) all hours of the day and night. I dread hearing the words, "Mommy, I went poo poo." Please, child, for the love of Pete, tell me BEFORE you go!
Suffice it to say, Marley and I have both had a few melt downs over this. I don't know which of us hates potty training more.
However, moments ago I had one of my proudest and most joyful mommy moments to date. My Marley went poo poo in the potty! We danced, we cheered, we sang, she asked if she could go on the waterslide.
Who would have thought that a little poop could make me so happy?

PS. This little cutie turns one on Tuesday.
4 comments:
I feel the same. I dreaded potty training more than anything and after training three children it still sucks and I am convinced there is no easy way to do it. On the bright side, once its done it is so nice. Good luck!
Yay for going poo!!
When Maile was down with the kids Naelani was in the crux of being potty trained and I took her potty and she went poo poo in the Dino Museum, and I shed a tear I was so happy!
POOP! We are venturing into potty training too and it is GROSS! Godspeed!
Yeah Marley! I have been composing a potty training post myself (in my head), since I've got George's time coming up pretty soon. Good for Marley.
Post a Comment