Thursday, July 15, 2010

God Bless America & Save the Queen Too


Our Back-to-back Independence Day celebrations.

July 1st, Canada Day. We dressed in our Canadian Pride, ate Wonderbars and sour soothers and bragged about Canadian Slurpees and breathtaking mountain ranges to our friends.

Ok, so I'm wearing an Aloha shirt; all my Canadian stuff is too warm for Hawaii!
And besides, notice my husband is wearing a Canuk shirt AND rocking a Canadian hockey mullet; so that should count for both of us.

July 4th. I was afraid I was going to be very homesick for Huntington Beach and its July 4th grandeur. And while we certainly missed old friends, neighbors and the packed PCH, it was a great day in Oahu.

We went to church, played in the sprinklers, and finished the day on the Army base in Schofield. Nothing makes you appreciate your country more than being surrounded by the courageous and noble men and women who defend it.

A big thanks to our neighbors who invited us. And a bigger thank you to my neighbors, friends and family who serve and have served in our armed forces.








2 comments:

Tiffani said...

Your family needs to be in a magazine - you're all so damn beautiful. I love all the pictures, your kids are getting so big! And it looks like you're having a great time in Hawaii. You guys always manage to bring the fun.

Also, I just read your Dad's blog. I'm so glad to hear that he's doing better. What a wecome relief for your family. Love ya.

Established Feb 2, 2007 said...

Love all your pictures!!! Wish we could have celebrated together!!!