Thursday, August 7, 2008

Four Years Ago Today


Four years ago today I woke up giddy and with a stomach full of butterflies.  As I had my hair and make-up done, I recounted our previous months of courtship to my family.  I told them about the way I fell in love at first sight the first time I saw his gorgeous face; and then how I had to pretend not to have any interest in him whatsoever so that I wouldn't scare him away.  I recalled the sweet and romantic way he first told me he loved me--overlooking the ocean at sunset in Corona del Mar.  I retold, in all its glory, the romantic, exciting and unexpected way he flew me to San Francisco then proposed to me on the Golden Gate Bridge.  
I remember being so nervous.  Driving to the temple I had to take deep breaths for fear of passing out.  Once we reached the beautiful temple grounds, all nerves seemed to fade when I saw Conway.  He was the most handsome, perfect groom any bride could ever wish for.
Four years ago today I was sealed for time and all eternity to my personal knight in shining armor, my prince charming, my soul mate.  I remember walking hand in hand with him out of the temple to greet our family for the first time as husband and wife.  I can still remember the way he couldn't seem to stop kissing me as we patiently took pictures in the sweltering heat of the Hawaiian sun. . . I wasn't complaining.
Four years ago today I officially became part of the amazing West family.  I couldn't have asked for sweeter, kinder, more cheerful and loving in-laws.  And of course, the Roses were privileged and blessed to add my perfect Conway to our family too.
Four years ago today I became the happiest, luckiest, most blessed little wifey I ever dreamed possible.  I really didn't think a person could exist who fulfilled the neurotic "list" of expectations and qualities I wanted (required) in my future spouse. But Conway came along and not only satisfied but surpassed every item on that obsessive-compulsive list.
Four years ago today I didn't think life could get any better.  But each day of the four years that have followed have done just that.  Adventures, romance, surprises.  Getting lost in Spain, hitchhiking in Paris, mango shakes in the Philippines, hiking in Canada, surprise dates in Laguna and a beautiful baby . . .  I know I don't deserve it, but somehow I've ended up living the Happily Ever After of my perfect fairy tale.
Happy Anniversary, Sweetie.  Sorry for embarrassing you (because I know if you read this post, you'll be embarrassed), but I couldn't help reminiscing today . . . I love you.

16 comments:

Paulina said...

Oh, that is so beautiful! Happy Anniversary you two :))

C-Dub said...

Diana is the sweetest wife a man could hope for. I'm so grateful she said "yes" 4 years ago. (even if i have to put up with embarrassing articles such as this one.)

Established Feb 2, 2007 said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!! Your comment was sweet, but the big belly is huge and living large.

Emily C said...

that is so sweet! happy anniversary! i can't believe it's taken me this long to find your new blog. i was still checking the mac one forever and never saw anything new!!

good to see you at joelynn's baby shower! your monkey decorations were sooooo cute. :)

Sara said...

Happy Anniversary! Isn't the day you get married like the best ever?!

Malia Ervin said...

Seriously...it really is a fairy tale, It's just like the songs you used to sing! What do you mean you don't deserve it? Of course you do!

Malia said...

So sweet! Seriously Con is so great and you guys are such a cute couple! Happy Anniversary!

eli&joelynn said...

congrats you two!!

MediocreMama said...

Diana, it's Holly (Lowell) Wever! Remember me? I found your blog by complete coincidence on Lindsey's blog today...and I was really happy to see you and your beautiful family! My husband and I have a blog, too:

www.newestwever.blogspot.com

Anyways, just wanted to say hi, happy anniversary and you look beautiful!

- Holly

Marcy said...

so so so beatiful! and those pictures of your wedding are PERFECT!!! happy anniversary to you!

Doug and Kristi said...

What beautiful pictures! Happy anniversary! Don't you just love looking back and remembering your wedding day?!

the cummard family said...

so cute d! we welcomed you with open and anxious arms as well. love that you're part of the "fam!"

Jenny said...

What beautiful pictures! Congrats on your anniversary! That must have been amazing going to the Hawaii temple! I'm happy for your family! Love,
Jenny

Sara Boulter said...

Happy (late) anniversary! Oh these pictures made me ache for hukilau. You guys are so beautiful. I'm so glad you found your price. He's dreamy. :)

Mama Bear said...

Happy anniversary! What a sweet tribute to your sweet husband...you are quite eloquent, girl! :)

Tiffani said...

Ahhh...That was so sweet. You really are living your happily ever after. Just like Malia said...all your songs came to pass!