Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Bubbles and Babbles

Here are a couple video clips of Marley's attempts at verbal communication this week.  The first officially makes "bubbles" the eighth word in her adorable little English vocabulary.



The second, I'm still trying to interpret.  I think my brilliant daughter is already tri-lingual.  It sounds to me like a cross between Tagalog and that crazy clicking language they speak on the Gods Must Be Crazy.  So Mom, let me know if you can understand the babbling below.  If so, I think we're looking at about 50 words to add to her Tagalog/Bushman vocabulary.



P.S. Don't mind my pant-less daughter.  She was dressed that day; but the skinny little 16-month-old squirt stepped right out of her size 12 month skirt.  

And for those who'd like to know, the first seven words were: "hi", "uh oh", "wow", "mama", "dada", "woof", and "meow".  And just to satisfy my obsessive compulsive needs to keep better records of her development, I'll share that since the filming of the above video, she's also added a ninth word to her vernacular: "no".

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! We really do need to try and get together one of these days. I hope all is well, and there wasn't TOO much damage from the quake.

Tiffani said...

Ok, she is officially the cutest little 16 month old on the planet. Those leg warmers are to die for. And her vocabulary?! I'm impressed! "Bubbles" sounds so cute and I agree...it does sound like she's speaking a second/third language.

Sara said...

Drat, I don't have speakers at work and I forgot to watch the video last night. Oh well, it will give me something to look forward to when I get home.

Liz said...

I say enjoy the years that you can spend pantless~they end way too soon.

The Blauser's said...

Absolutely adorable...that little girl is the cutest ever! She just babbles and babbles...makes you wonder what she's trying to tell you. Before you know it, she'll be telling you all about her day.

the cummard family said...

so good to see you guys! miss you already! i'm totally making my own private blog-thanks, and congrats on your goal! still bummed about the bags of goods! darn it.

Sara Boulter said...

OH my! This totally had me rolling. The "gods must be crazy" thing...Hilarious! That is exactly what it sounds like! I'm sending her a coke bottle. HAHAHA! I love this age. It just keeps getting better and better, I'm telling you.

Cathy said...

HAHAHAHA! So cute! Little bushman baby. Nice work, guys! And about your comment on my blog. Oh yea, I want to know the boy/girl status ASAP. I think I'm only a few weeks away from that point. Seems like I skipped three months or something... ;)