Conway won a contest through work which sent us to the Bahamas last week. My parents came to stay with (and spoil) Marley while we left her for the first time ever (yes, I was a pathetic mess on the drive to the airport and no, Marley didn't even notice we were gone).
It was a great trip chock-full of strawberry daiquiris (hold the rum please), all-you-can-eat buffets, good old fashioned husband and wife time, Confessions of a Shopaholic (it was so funny I read it twice--what else was I supposed to do at the "couples" resort while my husband was swimming with sharks for 6 hours?), piƱa coladas (again, no rum; I can't tell you how many times we had to return our drinks because they tasted--in Conway's words--like "lighter fluid"), beautiful Caribbean accents, extremely friendly locals (we accidentally got on the wrong bus so the driver flagged down another bus, transferred all his passengers to the other bus, turned around and took Conway and me right to the front door of our destination), sleeping in, palm trees and gorgeous turquoise water.
The trip went too fast but it was so great coming home to see Marley again; and to have Grandma and Grandpa stay an extra couple of days. Nothing beats having your parents around to do all your cleaning, cooking, laundry, diaper changing, grocery shopping, car washing and middle-of-the-night baby soothing. Okay, so Marley wasn't the only one they were spoiling.
The Royal Bahamian
On a hammock built for 2
The Sandals Resort
Conway (at 10:00) on a shark dive
Conway & a friendly shark
Marley back home getting some Grandpa Time


14 comments:
Caribbean passion was always my favorite at jamba juice! So glad to see you guys had a wonderful time, and glad that you made it being away from Marley. I still have yet to leave Sophie over night.
Okay, officially so jealous. It looks like you had a wonderful time! I'm so glad for you that you were able to get away and enjoy some time together!
Aren't you the lucky chick? It looks so beautiful and FUN there!
... I'm glad you had such a fun trip, and that Marley was so well looked after:)
Oh my gosh, that picture of Con with the shark is terrifying!!
It looks like so much fun. And aren't grandparents the best?! I'm so glad you guys were able to get away, even if it does make everyone else jealous!=)
I'm so glad you liked Shopaholic. I think I should re-read that one. I just got your text by the way.
That's all I have to say about that.
Can you say CRAZY? Swimming with the sharks? For six hours? Conway is crazy!
What a fabulous vacation...I have to say I'm pretty jealous. I'm glad you two had a good time, although I'm sure you were happy to get home to little Marley.
Oh-looks like so much fun!!! i am so jealous--wishing i could have some much needed husband time i guess!! anyway, that shark pic looks a little dangerous! glad he came back in one piece!!
OK you look so GORGEOUS in the dinner picture! Lets face it you are always gorgeous!!! Glad you guys had fun!
Aren't the Bahamas great?? What part did you go to? We went to Freeport earlier this year, it's a little more rural. It was the first time I had left the kids too but it's well worth it. It was the best vacation of my life! And I go to Hawaii every other year so that's saying a lot! It's just so nice to have just husband and wife time, it makes you appreciate your spouse so much more and remember why you fell in love in the first place!
SO MUCH FUN! Welcome home but what fun memories!
Wow! How I would long for a couples vacation?! I'm jealous what can I say! I was so afraid to go scuba diving because of sharks. Actually its not as bad as I thought it would be. You just feel like you are in a big fish bowl looking in...they don't even notice you. I'm not sure the shark dive is like that. I would probably freak out. Your post reminded me of Hawaii...oh I want to go back!
Wow I am so jealous! It looks like you both had a very good time. I love the pictures thanks for posting. Also on Mike and Amys Blog it is crazy to see how much the girls look like twins. Crazy!
Officially jealous! What a great time! Gage loves the shark pictures - he is into sharks. It looks so beautiful there. Sorry we missed you guys in Cali....
Post a Comment