Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Happy Birthday Nanay



Today is the 67th birthday of the most beautiful, talented, funny, smart, selfless, kind, spiritual and generous woman I know.

My Mom.
My mother can truly do anything.  She taught herself to sew and cook and is now the most amazing seamstress and chef around.  She raised 7 children and now has 26 grandchildren (with one on the way).  She speaks several different languages, can memorize anything she reads, she can still stand on her head and do the splits (seriously, she's 67); she can turn any ordinary patch of dirt into a garden paradise, she's got great legs, a stunning smile, and energy like a five-year-old.  And she's just as beautiful on the inside as she is on the out.  

I can only hope that I can be to Marley what my sweet mother is to me: a best friend, a role model, an inspiration, a motivation, a rock, a comfort, a fan . . . The perfect mom.




Happy Birthday Nanay!  I love you. 

4 comments:

Tiffani said...

Your mom really is one amazing, beautiful lady. What a neat tribute. I can't believe she's 67!

Tiff said...

happy birthday! i think your mom is pretty amazing too! hope she had a great day, she deserves it!

The Blauser's said...

Your mom is as beautiful now as she was when we were in high school...she sure does age well. Happy Birthday!

Keiauni said...

What a beautiful lady inside and out!