I am huge. No, seriously. Really, really, really large. Those of you who have seen me recently know what I'm talking about; those who doubt, let me present you with some embarrassing evidence: I have already gained over 40 pounds this pregnancy. Yep. Huge.
A self portrait

On the bright side
My baby and I are healthy. I like to look at it as putting my body on loan for 9 months. Right now it's just a safe haven for my baby to grow and develop. Once the little one makes his/her appearance, I will get it back. It may take a year again, but I will get it back . . . and then probably get pregnant and huge again.
In the nearly five years of our marriage, Conway and I have never had a dishwasher. Scratch that, we do have a dishwasher, a little Filipina dishwasher named Diana. It's never really bothered me until lately. But nowadays I feel like all I do ALL DAY LONG is wash dirty dishes. It's like the sink can never be empty.
Might as well be my kitchen

On the bright side
We live 3 blocks from the ocean. Marley and I take walks on the boardwalk nearly every day. Conway can surf every morning. On nice, sunny days, we can spend the day on the beach. So I may not have a dishwasher--or a washing machine for that matter--but I do have the Pacific.
I am about to turn 30. Yikes. Thirty. Ho-ly-cray-hap. How did that happen? When did I grow up? I'm going to be "in my thirties". What the?
Half my age

On the bright side
Hmmm, I'll have to come back to that one. Any ideas? Bright side to being 30? Anyone?
I miss my family. I have the coolest brothers and sisters, cutest nieces and nephews, and greatest mom and dad. And they all live at least 750 miles away. I wish I could go shopping with my sisters on my birthday. I wish Marley could hang out with her cousins. I wish I could give my dad a hug and get a sewing lesson from my mom. Right now.
The Rose Family in 1980

On the bright side
I talked to both my sisters on the phone today. They both made me giggle. My parents are planning to be here in six more weeks when the baby comes. And I have the most amazing husband and adorable daughter that I get to spend time with every minute of every day.
I guess the point is that sometimes I feel like I have so much to complain about. But in reality, I have so much to be grateful for. And I am.
14 comments:
ah, Diana, you make me laugh. I am still trying to figure out 30. It might take me 10 years. Good luck with your last 5 weeks. The end is the hardest because it can't come quick enough. xoXOxO
Good luck with the last six weeks. I think all of us far flung ones are missing our families right now. I'm dying to see my sister and her new baby. Liz said the same. I'm so grateful for planes. (I'm going to Utah twice in the next three months!!!)
Oh, and the best thing about being 30 is that you never have to be 15 again and you aren't 40 yet.
Great post! Aren't you a little Polyanna? I know you've already gained 40 pounds...but seriously, you are not looking huge. You look adorable and you have that great pregnancy-glow! Hope the next 6 weeks are kind to you and your scale! :)
Btw...I actually took those pics of Nora on my blog. A friend let me borrow some lighting and I had so much fun w/it!
LOL, that cartoon made me die of laughter, that is FAR from being a self portrait!
I feel the exact same way about my family. They all live in Arizona, and I'm the only one here in Utah, and it's so hard sometimes. My neice called me last night and said she missed me, and I thought I was going to emplode. Things will get better, and you live in the perfect spot! Everyone loves to come visit California, so at least you'll always have visitors!
Diana, you have such a sweet blog! I love how you write... LOVE your take on life. I am just a few weeks or days from having my 3rd little one (crazy, I'm still in denial) AND "in my thirties" AND huge AND hate doing dishes... so this post really touched my heart. I will say that Miley Cyrus... she ain't got nothin on us THIRTY year olds!!! You are beautiful. It's great to find your blog. Best of luck with this next baby! You will LOVE having 2 - when they start to interact together, it's magical. Lots of love!
Yeah, I'm working hard on trying to get that $@#* pregnancy weight off right now. That does suck. But being a mom is the greatest, so it's a pretty fair trade.
Happy birthday tomorrow.
I liked what Duchess had to say.
Happy Birthday! Seriously, 30 isn't all that bad because if you're like me in most ways you still feel like you're 20 something anyway. As for that dreaded baby weight. Yeah, still working on that one. Let me know when you get it figured out. The thing with you is that you look gorgeous no matter what. Kind of hate you for that.
Happy Birthday nan
I love this! I am feelin' the whole frikkin huge pregnancy thing with ya. I now look down at my ankles & feet wondering who took a bike pump to them...what in the world?! I love how you stated it as putting your body on loan for 9 months. Hang in there...its the home stretch! Plus, your going to have another beautiful little baby!
Happy Birthday!! a little late I know...sorry.
I honestly think you gain more with the 2nd baby, that's why I'm stopping at 2. I can't even imagine how much I would gain with a third...
I'm sure you're still as beautiful as ever and you're babies are so cute, the world needs more of them!
This made me smile. Glad you're finding the good in everything. I've always liked that about you.
As for thirty, not sure I can help because I LOVED turning 30. It made me feel settled, legitimate somehow. Oh and I like myself a whole lot more at 30 than I did at 20.
Happy birthday and good luck with the baby. And I hear you on the baby weight. It seems like I can never get pregnant until I get all of the baby weight off and then it's "Here we go again!" But it's so worth it, right?
u make me laugh. i'm sure your not huge. and if you are...so what. you're cute huge. live up being preggs.
ps. i was way over due, but i did update...just for you ;)
I am huge these days as well. You're not alone. Just be glad your 10 year high school reunion isn't four weeks after your second child is born. I'm going to look AWESOME.
Bright side: ummmmmmmmmm...
Loved this post because I totally relate. So much to be grateful for but so easy to find stuff that sucks.
I don't believe for a second that you are HUGE!! you could probably gain 100 pounds and still look fabulous! That's just Diana for ya! but i do hear ya though. i am so bummed about trying to lose all of my extra poundage! not cool!! anyway, can't wait to see a new little baby on here in a couple of weeks. good luck!!
Post a Comment