I've been debating whether or not to write this post. It feels like putting it in writing makes it more real and I'm still hoping that somehow it's not. But with the hopes that after reading you will offer up a prayer or two on his behalf, perhaps with enough faith on our side, we can conjure up the miracle we've been hoping for . . .

A couple of days ago my sister took my dad to the Urgent Care for a persistent bloody nose. They did some tests and some blood work and it has been confirmed that in addition to all the unfortunate health problems he has been experiencing, my sweet daddy now has leukemia.
Hawaii has never felt so far from Utah as it does right now.
My dad is a veteran of two wars: Vietnam and Desert Storm. He has already proven himself a warrior and a survivor. Today he begins chemotherapy and the biggest battle of his life. Please pray that he can fight and win this war with cancer and that our family can rally together and draw strength through these unexpected trials.
Thank you in advance for your thoughts, concerns and prayers.

15 comments:
Aww Diana - I will be lifting up your family in prayer. I will pray for God's will to be done, for health and strength as your dad fights this battle...and also for comfort for you as you are far away. Blessings.
Our prayers are with you today and until the end. Keep up your chin Diana! We love you and your Dad!
We are totally praying for you!!!! Garrett's mom had that about 10 or 11 years ago. I am pretty sure they got rid of it.
Know that we are thinking about you and our prayers are with you!!!!!
We love your dad!!
I am so sorry. Your parents were so good to my P Diddy and we love them. Sending prayers your way.
Oh Nan I am so sorry. I love your dad like my own. I wish there was something I could do. But he is in our thoughts and prayers as well as you and the rest of the family. I sure love you, please keep my posted!
Oh, nana I am so sorry. I am thinking about you. I wish the best for you and your dad.
Oh Nanners...I'm so sorry. You said it best though - your dad is a warrior. I can't imagine how badly you must want to be in Utah right now. I love you girl. Hang in there. We are praying for all of you.
i had the same, "far away" feeling the other night when i wasn't feeling well. i am so sorry for your pain, and please know your daddy is in my prayers. take care...and i'm ok if you come to utah to visit. really.
Oh wow. Well, he's in our prayers. And my family has seen real miracles so have hope.
:( I'm so sorry to hear the news. Hang in there. It's amazing how far they have come with treatment. My grandfather is finishing his fight with cancer and although he's had a rough fight...so far he has BEAT it! My prayers are with you, I know it's not an easy battle.
If I can say that I HATE something...it's this UGLY thing called cancer!
Hang in there and keep your chin up. Love you!
I am so sorry to hear that. We will be praying for you, your dad, and your family.
Diana-I'm so sorry to hear about your dad! My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family! You guys are such a close & strong family!
We're keeping your dad and entire family in our prayers. He's a tough guy and I know he'll beat this. Stay strong and know that you're always just a plane ride away.
I'm so sorry! The Clarks will definitely offer some prayers.Stay strong.
oh diana, i am so sorry. we will pray for your Dad and this terrible fight ahead of him. much love to you and your sweet family.
Post a Comment