Monday, September 13, 2010

The Apple Didn't Fall Far from the Tree

The first time I ever sang in front of an audience I was three years old. The Relief Society President asked my mom if I would sing for a Stake Relief Society function at the church.

Last week my Relief Society President asked if I thought Marley could sing for our Relief Society.

Yesterday as I accompanied her on the guitar, my little three-year-old Marley stood in front of the Relief Society and said, "aloha!". She then sang the sweetest, most precious rendition of "I'm Trying to be Like Jesus" that we had been practicing and learning all week. It brought tears to this proud mommy's eyes and melted the hearts of all the sisters in attendance. Especially when she took a bow at the end of her number.

I wish I would have taken video or at least gotten a picture; but here she is on the morning of her big performance.
This tree couldn't be more proud of her little apple.

4 comments:

Liz said...

Oh, I wish there was a video! Why not have a repeat performance in your front room with a video?

Tiffani said...

I agree with Liz. Repeat performance for sure! She looks beautiful in her little dress!

eli&joelynn said...

SO sweet! She is a little diana! I LOVE IT!!

MediocreMama said...

Wow I'm impressed. Lennon can remember lyrics but CANNOT carry a tune. The apple really does not fall far from the tree, you are right.