Tuesday, November 9, 2010

At Home


Utah will always be "home". Even though I'm not in the house I grew up in, and not even in the same city, when I'm with the Roses, I am home.

Being at home means I can hang out in sweats all day long with no makeup.
Being at home means I eat like a hobit. Breakfast, elevensies, second breakfast, lunch, etc.

Being at home means I laugh a lot. Even during these difficult and uncertain circumstances, we always manage to laugh. A Rose family trademark is laughing until we cry. And also giggling while we cry.
Being at home means I watch the Utah Jazz. And I get involved. And I sincerely care whether or not they win.

Being at home means Marley and Cohen have dozens of friends (cousins) to play with all day and all night.
Being at home means spending precious, valuable, quality time with my Dad. He has been so inspiring and strong. His positive attitude has made such a difference. I update his blog daily so feel free to check in on him from time to time.

I miss my husband and I miss Hawaii. But I am home.

1 comment:

Mike and Amy said...

I love Marley's face in the top pic. I keep giggling about it.

I love having everyone around and "home" - even though I personally thrive on solitude, there is just something about having all the Roses around that is so awesome and comforting. And, Mike has LOVED spending so much time out there with everyone.