I've decided to take a short break from the vain exploits of my narcissistic blog. Therefore, my next several posts will be dedicated to applauding, celebrating and well, yes bragging about various members of my family.
I am inspired, motivated, impressed, humbled and humored by my amazing family every day. And I think you will be too.
So without further ado, meet my big brother Earl and his lovely wife Tifiny.

Earl is a soft-spoken, humble hero. He has been on the SLC Police Force for fifteen years. He has been a member of the bike squad, gang and SWAT team and new recruit training. Right now he is the Resource Officer for Highland High School.
On Saturday he competed in his first CrossFit Games Competition. Earl turns 40 this year and he was competing against men in their 20s. And he was awesome!

To watch one of his events, please click here.
If that's not enough to inspire you, Earl and Tifiny have 13 children. They are the most amazing parents with buckets of patience, love and compassion. Tifiny somehow manages to raise these children while running ten miles a day, keeping her house beautiful and spotless, tending to a gorgeous yard, making delicious dinners and working a part time job.

To read about their incredible story please click here.
Earl and Tif - I love you guys. Thanks for being such amazing role models. And please come back to Hawaii again soon! We miss you. (And my flowers miss you too.)
5 comments:
Diana,
Thank you for the kind words about us. You are the one in our family who was born with all the talent and who lives the dream. We can't wait to come back and visit and surf. We are very blessed to belong to such a wonderful family. Thank you for taking the time to say such nice things about a brother who was not alway so nice.
I love you,
Earl
You have a WONDERFUL family!
I read the story about Earl and Tifiny a while back...They are so AMAZING!! I wish I could watch Tifiny manage her home for one day! I bet I'd learn SO MUCH!!
Have a GREAT week!
Sam and I were just saying today how awesome Earl is. He is a very strong and very humble person. He is the very epitome of how a big brother should be. I was actually going to write on his Facebook wall about how cool I think he is, but maybe he will notice this here too.
- paul
Wow! What an amazing story!! What selfless hearts...
Unbelievable. All of it -- 10 miles a day? 13 kids? and HE IS 30 YEARS OLD? Last night Tod and I watched his Crossfit videos and Tod was in awe. I would never have guessed he was 40.
Inspiring. Especially about bringing those kids into their homes. It's so easy to take cookies to someone, send a card or even write a check. But to actually open your home to those who need real love and a real life is Christ-like. And isn't charity what we're all here to learn? They have figured it out.
So good to know people like them exist. Love all you Roses.
Post a Comment