Saturday, May 26, 2012

April

Well now, it's taken me nearly a year to post about my sisters. It's not for lack of wonderful things to say, trust me; I could go on and on about how much I adore my big sisters. I guess I've just been on a bit of a blogging hiatus but it's time to return. So here I go again.

Rose Sisters in 1997

Rose Sisters in 2006

April.

April is the oldest child in our family. She is the one who kept the house in order, presents under the tree and designer clothes in our closets.  She always took care of us and happily took on the role of Eldest.

That hair!
April is beautiful. She has hair that looks like it should be in shampoo commercials. April is generous. She has spoiled me rotten since I was a child.  April is selfless.  She was just here visiting us for about two weeks and stocked my fridge and pantry, detailed my car, entertained my kids and even scrubbed my staircase railing (um, I don't think it had ever been done before). April is patient. I've spent the majority of the last two years staying at her house. It is always full of people: kids, adults, relatives, neighbors, nurses, friends. Throught all the chaos April smiles and welcomes visitors with gracious hospitality. April is positive. She's the one I call when I'm feeling grumpy; she always helps me look on the bright side.
Me and April in the Philippines 2001

April and her husband (whom I also adore) own their own business. They build custom cabinetry. And they are brilliant at what they do. See for yourself here: http://thecabinetgalleryutah.tumblr.com/ And if you live in Utah or even Vegas and California and are thinking of remodeling or building, give April a call; I promise you'll love her work.

Just a sample of the Cabinet Gallery's work

April and Rhett have four sons. These sweet nephews of mine are as precious to me as nephews can get. I've been extremely blessed to have been able to spend generous amounts of time with these boys. Jayden was always Grandpa's sidekick when he came to visit me in California and when I've stayed at their house for weeks on end without my own children, they have gladly accommodated my need for snuggles.
The Collins Family on their sealing day March 2012

April and I text each other about fifty times a day. For my part, it's usually to complain about how messy my house is with pictures to prove it. But really, we just like to keep each other up-to-date with whatever might be going on.

I love my sister.
We are the same


No comments: