I have a new favorite holiday! I'm sure I say that after every holiday; but really, the 4th of July is the best. It's hot and sunny, everyone is happy, you don't need to spend a lot of money, and we get to remember what a great privilege it is to live in this country.
We kicked off our 4th of July celebration the night before by watching Independence Day on a TV we set up in the courtyard with some neighbors.
This is our neighbor Tyler welcoming us to our "First-Annual-Independence-Day-Movie-in-the-Courtyard-Event".
One of my favorite things about the 4th of July is wearing our patriotic colors. I'm so used to seeing Marley in pink that I almost didn't recognize her in red, white and blue.
Here are some of the neighbor boys playing miniature golf on the course they set up in our courtyard.
Nothing beats the beach on a hot, summer holiday.


Another 4th Favorite? Relaxing all day!
Another thing I love about the 4th of July is that everyone is outside all day. In Huntington Beach, they close off PCH so all the people can walk freely across the street and to the beach. Since Conway doesn't have a bike, he rode his skateboard and pushed Marley in this little car while I rode my bike. We cruised down to Main Street and everyone stopped to point and smile at the cute little girl driving her cute little car.
And of course another Independence Day tradition I have always loved is the fireworks. Huntington Beach put on a great show. Marley LOVED the fireworks!
This was our fourth 4th together. (Try saying that five times.)
And we can't celebrate Independence Day without celebrating and honoring those people who have sacrificed and made it possible for us to enjoy the freedoms of this wonderful country. Thank you for your service Dad! I love you.

Happy Independence Day and God Bless America!
12 comments:
Marley is looking a lot like Conway.
Was it the 4th when we went on the miracle diet? I know it was a holiday in the summer, can't remember which one.
Sara. . . Oh my gosh. I totally forgot about that! I hope it wasn't the 4th. Shame on us if it was! We were so hard core.
Those pictures are so cute! The 4th really was a fun relaxing day!!
What a great post Nan. Marley is just so stinkin' cute. Can't get over that little one. It looks like you guys live in such a fun apartment complex. You're always doing great things with the neighbors. And um....miracle diet? I want to know more!
Hey Tiff! You're so sweet. Yeah, um. Sara and I did some pretty crazy things when we were roommates. We did Body for Life and between the two of us probably lost 50 pounds. And then we got so hard core we decided to do the Hollywood 48 Hour Miracle Diet. Basically 2 days of drinking this tang-like liquid and chewing bubble gum!
Marley is getting so big! I looks like you all had a great time on the 4th of July. Fireworks at the beach...I bet Marley was in Ahhh. I sure wish we had neighbors like you...Brian would love the golfing. :)
hey hun-
i have been checking up on the old blog i guess. i just found this one today and i love it!!! your little one is growing up isn't she. and she is just ADORABLE!!! and i love that service pic of your dad! What a great country we live in!
Oh my gosh Diana it has been way toooo freakin long! Your little family is so adorable and your baby girl is gorgeous just like you! It is so great that we can all talk to each other this way! I am so looking forward to seeing whats up with you! I have missed you!!!
The 4th has always been my favorite holiday, I'm a little fireworks obsessed and funny thing I married a man who is too! The kids definitely got that from us too, Mia LOVED the fireworks this year! Take care, miss ya!
4th of July is totally one of my favorite holidays too! I had so much fun that weekend. From the 5K, to the parade, to the multiple bbq's, to the beach, and then the fireworks at the pier. It was a fantastic day. I was so happy to be able to hang out with you girls and talk. Cute pictures!!
well hello! i'm so glad to have found you guys through blogging! marley is so pretty you guys...but how could she not be??! you all look great & seem to be doing well! i'm so glad...it would be great to see you when you guys are ever in town again!
Once I put Sophie on the towel she did a little better :) We're coming to Cali in late September for a wedding, but we'll be there for a while so I would love to get together!! I'll email you as we get closer. By the way, I love the July 4th pics!
Post a Comment