"Is this the part where I'm supposed to start crying?" --Diana upon our arrival in the Yosemite Valley. Having never been there before in the summer, Conway had told me Yosemite was so pretty it would make me cry.
"I think once you see how awesome these trees are, you might change your mind and want to name your daughter Sequoia." --Conway falsely assuming that any amount of beauty would convince me to subject a little girl to being named after one of the biggest living things on earth.
"You and your gasps." --Conway exasperated at my dramatic responses to little things like missing a step while hiking.
"That wasn't me!" --Diana misunderstanding Conway's previous remark.
"Woof! Woof!" --Marley's excited reaction to all the squirrels scampering about the valley.
"These trees were on the earth when Christ was on the earth." --Conway giving me a short history lesson about the magnificent and gigantic sequoia trees.
"I think you need an attitude adjustment." --Some random, obnoxious stranger giving Diana a little unsolicited advice after Conway asked him how far it was to the visitor's center in Mariposa Grove.
"So basically, there's nothing up there that we can't just read about on the internet at home?" --Diana's comment to the random, obnoxious stranger after he said it was a good 30 minutes to the visitor's center and before he handed out the unsolicited advice.
"Woof! Woof!" --Marley's excited reaction to the deer frolicking in the meadow.
"I feel like a missionary." --Diana's comment to Conway as we rode our bikes to church in our Sunday clothes.
"She is so cute!" --Just about every passing person who saw Marley sitting in her bike seat.
"That was the best church ever." --Conway expressing his enthusiasm that sacrament meeting in Yosemite lasted a mere thirty minutes.
"This wanker's from England." --Conway introducing his friend Jeff to some people he met from Ireland.
"Yeah, it's like the most offensive and crude word there is." --Jeff explaining to Conway why Brittany (his wife) was so shocked that Conway used the word "wanker" in front of the Irish folks.
"Oh, oops." --Conway feeling just a little bit naive.
"Woof! Woof!" --Marley's excited reaction to her first horse.
"It almost looks like a maple leaf." --Diana noticing the large and painful-looking burn/bruise that appeared on Marley's nose after falling face first onto the hard floor.
"We've got time." --Conway about three seconds before it started raining.
"I just like to ring my bell." --Diana apologetically justifying making several pedestrians jump out of my way on my bike. (It was actually a lie. I really did ring it to make them move. I'm kind of a hazard behind the handlebars.)
"You know, it's a lot better for the environment if you turn the water off while you're brushing." --Conway doing his part to make the world a better place for Marley by offering his knowledge to complete strangers in the bathroom.
"A mother's gotta do what a mother's gotta do!" --Diana sheepishly explaining her breastfeeding-while-hiking-bit to a passerby on the trail.
"Wow, you're a trooper!" --A few hikers noticing the child in Conway's backpack on the 8.2 mile hike.
"Wow, she's like a princess!" --A few hikers noticing the child in Conway's backpack on the 8.2 mile hike.
"You won't get wet." --Brittany telling me that I could keep my shorts on during the raft ride down the river.
"Nice shot, fatso!" --Conway resorting to his Junior High antics in defense of his baby being sprayed with a watergun by an inconsiderate camper.
"Oh my gosh, you're soaked!" --Brittany amazed as she noticed that I was completely drenched from the waist down as I exited the raft.
"Woof! Woof!" --Marley's excited reaction to a crow perched on a nearby tree.
"Marley, what does the doggy say?" --Diana vainly encouraging Marley to show off her barking skills for a dogowner who stopped to let Marley see her puppy.
"Let's make this an annual trip." --Diana regretfully sighing to Conway that we were already heading home after an incredible summer getaway.
Mariposa Grove

Biking Buddies
Outside the Yosemite Chapel after church.
Marley & the Bradshaw Boys
Marley & Daddy checking out the reflection at Mirror Lake.
Future swimsuit model?
The view at Glacier Point. Also the beginning of our long hike.
One of the 5 beautiful waterfalls we saw on our hike.
A pause on the trail.
America the Beautiful.

16 comments:
So many things to say....First of all IIII want to go to Yosemite! But backing up...yeah, Conway is seriously the sweetest. So you think he can give Derek some pointers?! You say you're a hazard behind the handlebars...um girl, pretty much behind any type of wheel I think. I love how Marley barks at all the animals. And what's up with you looking gorgeous after an 8.2 mile hike. Kind of don't like you right now.
Looks like you had an amazing trip. Your little family is so great. The pictures are gorgeous too. And your last post was so romantic you two look so happy together.
What a blast! I looooove your commentary. Clever girl you. Man, I wish we lived closer.
Again, you're hot!
can't wait to be in socal next week! hope we get to see you guys! nobody responded to my text :(
Sounds like it was a fun trip. The pics are great and your quotes were hysterical.
Yosemite...we've been wanting to go there for so long, now I HAVE to go! Those picutures are absolutely amazing, especially with you and that pretty little girl to add a little more beauty to the pics.
I love Yosemite. We went there for a family vacation when I was a kid. Sequoia?
One more comment...30 mins, that's awesome!
Wanker? I'm glad to know that's offensive. Thanks for taking one for the team Conway.
I love the Yosemite pictures! Our family went two years ago & I have pictures from some of the same spots you do. How cool is that? The waterfalls are beautiful. Your little girl is so darn cute! I wish her & Avery could have play dates together:)
Wow! I can't tell you how jealous I am right now! Going to Yosemite with a newborn is probably not the best idea, but man...I wish we could have come, too! Your pictures are awesome...I LOVE Yosemite! So beautiful! I want to hear all about your trip and how Marley did...maybe I'll get brave and we'll try doing this sometime next spring/summer when Nora is a bit older! :)
What a fun post idea! you had me laughing the whole time! and love all the pics too--GEORGOUS!!!
Yosemite eess da baesst.
Marley and Ed saw Yosemite from the same vantage point: their daddy's back.
If you remember, I learned the finer points of public nursing in Disneyland. But I'm pretty sure that most people were not even aware of what I was doing.
A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do...especially for her babe!
Those quotes are too cool!
Love the photos:)
it looks like you guys had a blast! I finally got a blog. we will see if i like it! We really need to get together! miss you tons!!!!!!!! love you guys!
This post was so funny! I loved the play by play. And Marley's constant woofing at all animals. Priceless!
Loved the quotes. Hahaha! Super cute.
Post a Comment