Thursday, July 17, 2008

My Sweet Hubby


We just got back from an amazing trip to Yosemite.  Pictures and details are coming.  But first, a quick post about why I have the sweetest husband ever.

Friday night he told me he had a cocktail party at his work that we needed to attend.  He arranged for a babysitter (thanks again Cheryl and Clay!), we got all prettied up, kissed little Marley good-bye, and (after Conway opened the door for me) we took off.  As we headed South on PCH I started to realize that Con's work was North.  I pointed out my concern that we were going the wrong way.

Come to find out, he didn't have a work party after all.  He just wanted to surprise me.  He had made reservations at one of our favorite little Italian restaurants in Laguna Beach, Ti Amo.  He took me there once while we were dating and again for our second anniversary.  It's a quaint, cozy little restaurant with delicious food and a charming ambiance.  He didn't need to wait for an excuse to take me there this time.  Just a thoughtful surprise date for his wife of nearly four years.  I still can't believe I actually ended up with Prince Charming.

12 comments:

Established Feb 2, 2007 said...

That was super sweet of him! We loved watching Marley!!

Mama Bear said...

What a great surprise! You are right, what a sweet hubby! You can let him know that he did a good job! I'm impressed! :)

Malia said...

How sweet! We've always known that Con was thoughtful, and I can't believe you guys have been married for 4 years, that's crazy!

Brad and I did miss you guys, we were there last week! My girlfriend got married on Saturday and we had things for the wedding the whole week, so I was really bummed that we didn't have time to see you guys. But we'll come visit again and see you guys!

Paulina said...

You guys are too cute!

Sara said...

4 years? Really? Painting my toenails and watching Romeo and Juliet seems like it was last week.

Sara Boulter said...

What a sweetie! I'm so happy for you Nan.

Also, you guys are HOT!!!

Keiauni said...

What a NEAT-O surprise! How sweet is that? You guys look so cute together!

Anonymous said...

What a great man he is. You both are perfect for each other.

Next time we are down there, or you are up here, let's get together!

Busy B Preschool said...

That is so sweet. I have been there on a date too years ago (with a different guy though, don't tell Johnny. JK) YOur trip to N. Cal looked like fun too!

Malia Ervin said...

That really is so sweet, he's such a good guy!
Marley is getting prettier every day, you'd better watch out before she looks just like you, you'll be fighting off the boys!
Miss you guys.

Marcy said...

OK-that is so so sweet! what a guy! and nobody more deserving than you hun!

Lexi Patterson said...

Nice work Con!! You're making all of the other husbands look bad. Ha ha ha. What a romantic suprise!