
I was tagged months ago by my friend Amy. I've been tagged a few other times and I promise I have every intention of getting around to posting those tags, but for now, here are seven random facts about me:
- When I was in Junior High, I knew I had bad vision but didn't want glasses; so I snuck into the examination room early and memorized the eye chart. They were amazed at my perfect vision.
- I used the men's restroom at 6 Flags when the line to the women's was too long. I pulled my hood over my head, put my head down, and went straight on in.
- I am still afraid of the dark. No, like seriously afraid. I turn all the lights on and stay up all night on those horrible nights when Conway goes out of town for work.
- I have a not-so-secret little crush on Len Goodman, the head judge of Dancing with the Stars. During one of the tapings of the show, I serenaded him with the song Jessica Rabbit sings on Who Framed Roger Rabbit?. After grabbing his tie and pulling him right up to my face, he touched my bum. I have witnesses. Ask Cheryl.
- Remember that McDonald's commercial where the guy sings the entire menu? I can still recite it. I can also do the T-U-R-T-L-E Power Rap from the first TMNT movie, the Punky Brewster Theme Song, The Fresh Prince Theme Song, and basically the entire dialogues of Back to the Future and The Princess Bride. So basically, my random fact is that I used to watch A LOT of TV.
- On my original birth certificate, my name is Paula Stephanie Rose.
- About ten years ago, after strictly following the Atkins Diet for twelve days (and losing about eight pounds by eating bacon, burgers and cheese), I caved by eating the croutons on my salad. I finished out the night by eating an entire loaf of bread. I now have a much healthier relationship with carbs.
And since this is our family blog, here are seven random things about my Conway:
- He was a volunteer firefighter in Magrath, Alberta, Canada.
- He has conquered the highest peak in the continental United States. And most of the peaks in the Great North.
- He knows more American History than most Americans.
- He hates the Yankees and the Lakers and loves it when they lose.
- We used to make Saturday night trips to Ralph's to get treats for Sunday. Conway's idea of treats? Penny candies in the bulk section. He can fill a bag with five pounds of candy and have it all eaten before Sunday is over.
- He reads the Almanac for fun. My random, movie-trivia knowledge is nothing compared to his random, can-tell-you-anything-about-anything knowledge.
- He was the Provincial bobsledding champion the first time he ever tried the sport.
7 comments:
Those are pretty random and crazy facts! I can't believe all of that!
Tell Conway I HATE the Yankees AND the Lakers with all my heart!
That is so funny! I can't believe you went into the mens bathroom! That is awesome!
The Yankees and Lakers are hated in our house, too! One question...how fast can Conway make it to Magrath when there's a fire?
And why an I not surprised that you can recite so many movies...don't forget Sixteen Candles. :)
Duh! When I first read your post, I thought you said that Conway IS a volunteer firefighter for Magrath. What was I thinking? Ok...rough day back to work after the long weekend. :)
I'm so proud that I knew most of your random facts... "Big Mac, McDLT, quarter pounder with some cheese..." Ha ha...you taught me that song. I didn't know any of that stuff about Conway though. He's one way interesting and cool guy. And yes, I too wish that we lived closer so that we could have a dance off, or at very least watch Footloose together. Love you!
I love all your silly facts. When did they change your name? Diana fits you. YOU are the cutest girl. And I would love to meet your husband. You two must have a lot of fun together.
No way do I believe that any person ever thought you were a man: you are far to beautiful and feminine. However, I can totally picture you with your hoodie on moseying into the men's room.
Post a Comment