That's right. We're going to be a family of four! All that's missing is the dog. And the white picket fence. Well, and the house that goes with the fence I guess. But let's focus on the positive, shall we? We're having another baby!
So to answer all the questions I've been receiving:
- I am 21 weeks pregnant. Baby is due May 19, 2009.
- We found out we were pregnant when I was about eight weeks. I thought I was pregnant when I was only a few weeks along. I was feeling super crappy (see this post) and thought it could only mean one thing; I told my doctor my suspicions so he gave me a test but it came back negative. Still, I know my body. I was gaining weight, super tired and feeling all around cruddy. So I took my own test (which, by the way, you can find at the 99 cent store) and voilà . . . we're pregnant again.
- I had the anatomy ultrasound today. Everything looks perfect. Both the ultrasound technician and my OBGYN have assured me that we're not going to have the same problems we had during my pregnancy with Marley. Phew!
- No, we did not find out what we were having today. We will be waiting until Delivery Day. It will be a surprise for all of us! Any guesses? Will Marley have a baby brother or a baby sister?
- I have been feeling just as crappy as I did with my last pregnancy. Lots of vomiting, lots of nausea, lots of fatigue, lots of weight gain!
- We are super excited. Marley loves to give my belly "besos" and she's been getting a lot of practice being soft and gentle with her new dolly.
- And here's my baby belly at 21 weeks.
So now that you know my little secret, let me fill you in on a few details which I have had to leave out of previous posts:
- I was pregnant when we went to the Bahamas which is why I didn't visit the sharks with Conway. Ok actually, I probably wouldn't have swam with sharks even if I didn't have the best excuse not to. But unfortunately, this was the reason I couldn't swim with dolphins--which I FOR SURE would have done. Apparently, dolphins can sense when you're pregnant and they will attack you. Isn't that a shame? They seem so friendly. Therefore, I spent the day alone while Conway swam with sharks.
- I was pregnant when we went to Sea World. I had been SO tired I couldn't keep up my housework which is why it was even more awesome that Christi did it for me.
- I was pregnant when my brother shot me. Need I say more?
P.S.
A message to my brother, Dr. Bob:
Even though I don't know what I'm looking for, I have tampered with the ultrasound photo making sure to blur out any possibilities of you discovering our secret again. Although we appreciated your confidentiality with Marley, we want you and Liz to be just as surprised as the rest of us this time! If you can still somehow decipher through my tampering, we would again appreciate your silence and will crown you as a real life Jason Bourne.
Love,
D&C
21 comments:
You are so pretty!!
Ahh, I love it! We had our ultrasound last week and are also not finding out again. It is such a fun surprise at the end! Usually I am pretty good at guessing the gender of the baby, but I have no gut feeling on yours (or mine) yet. I'll let you know if that happens though :) Congrats again!!
Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you.
Congrats! I am just a tad ahead of you (25 weeks). Sorry for all of the sickness. I am a bit spoiled that way.
Congratulations! I am way excited for you. We're not finding out either and it has been a ton of fun, but also very hard. I want to know so bad which makes it that much more fun to wait. Anyhow, I got your post and I will find out on the hairbows and let you know. Again congrats!
Sorry you've been so sick. I am also very spoiled in that regard. But I've gained enough weight that I wouldn't mind puking once in a while.
You look so great! I am so happy for you guys and we are gonna have to make some play dates for sure! I cant wait to meet your new little one in a few months! Congrats again!
CONGRATS!! So fun! I don't know how you can go without knowing. You brave women...I have to find out always because if it's a girl I have to have a few months to emotionally plan and prepare for it. isn't that terrible!! :) I must say I am very grateful for my girls though!! :)
You look BEAutIfUL!!
Congratulations!
Congratulations! I am so happy for you! I can't wait for our little ones to play together. :-) Let's get together soon. Let me know when you have a free weekend. xoxox, Mon
Congratulations again! I can't believe you can wait until delivery day to find out I could NEVER do that! It's a season of girls so I'm guessing it's another girl for you! Do you have names picked out?
YEAH!! Congrats you guys!! Lucky little one! I am so excited for you guys!! YEAH, YEAH, YEAH!!
So excited for you. You are gorgeous and so are your babies. Hope you feel better soon. Sooo worth it!
Nanners I'm so excited for you guys. And how do you pull off being so beautiful when you're pregnant? It just really is not fair.
(pouting) fine. Just don't expect a gender specific hand made item for the little one.
Congratulations! You are so patient (and brave) to wait until delivery to find out! Looking forward to see adorable baby #2 from you guys!
CONGRATS!!!! Babies are always exciting news!!! Sorry to hear that you aren't feeling great, but at least you look great! I think you should Hold off until the 20th, That's a REALLY good day to be born.
CONGRTS DIANA! That's so exciting!! I'm with Malia I really don't think I could wait to find out-but I think that's great that people really can do that:) I'm just such a planner and things have to be just so! Can't wait to see what this beautiful baby will look like! So did you not tell anyone until now?
I just read on and now see that you wanted to surprise Conway's Family. I've been slacking on reading all the excitement:)
I have been wondering lately if you were on the baby bandwagon. My suspision was right. Congratulations!
Lance and I keep looking for you on Ocean's Force but haven't spotted you yet. Hopefully it won't be an encounter with the lifegards or police.
xoxo Desiree
That is quite the secret! I can't believe you have been hiding that for so long! I could only make it to 13 weeks and then the cat was out of the bag so kudos to you! Can't wait to find out what you are having! Congrats and good luck! I hope the sickness gets better for you!
Post a Comment