Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A Blessed Occasion



After the stressful and dramatic first few days we had in Canada, we were able to experience the opposite. Little Cohen's baby blessing took place in the beautiful mountains of Waterton Lakes National Park. It was spiritual and peaceful and perfect. Just the remedy for the emotional roller coaster I had just been on.



My brother Mike and his family drove all the way up to Canada for the weekend so they could attend Cohen's blessing. We were so happy to have them there. And Conway really enjoyed showing off his homeland. In such a short weekend, they packed in a lot: Slurpees, parades, fireworks, Wunderbars, mountain lakes, hikes, waterfalls, bears, etc.


If you look closely, you can see the marks from the monitors that were on Marley's chest. I'm happy to report that my little trooper is back to her old self again and doing perfectly. They say that febrile seizures have no lasting negative effects. I couldn't be more grateful that things turned out the way they did and I'm so appreciative to all of you for your thoughtfulness, prayers and concern.

P.S.
This handsome little guy is three months old today. He giggled for the first time yesterday. It was probably the sweetest sound I've ever heard.

I think he could be Con and Jon's triplet.


4 comments:

Tiffani said...

WOW, I want to go to Canada. It is so beautiful there. It was the best to see you in Utah. Love and miss you lots. What a beautiful family you have!

The Birth Control Pill said...

Con really knows how to show visitors to Canada a really good time. A parade? Wow! Can I go with you guys next time? What a special moment for Cohen to read about one day. You're right after the few days you had prior to the blessing this was exactly what you needed.

Malia said...

Your kids are amazing. LOVE Canada, and your shirt is so cute!

Marcy said...

That really does look like such a special occasion!! So beautiful, peaceful, and fun all in one! congrats sweetie!

PS--you look fabulous for just having a kid!