I can't believe it's the 8 year anniversary of the terrorist attacks on America. There's nothing I can say that hasn't already been said; nothing I can write that hasn't already been written; and nothing I can feel that hasn't already been felt.But today my parents and I watched a special called "Inside 9/11" that was done by National Geographic. I have had the DVD for years and I have seen it before but I thought it would be fitting to watch it again today. My heart pounded as I watched the planes hit the twin towers again, I cried as I listened to the widows recall the last words they spoke with their husbands, I felt rage as I thought of the evil planning that went behind the attacks and I swelled with pride as I witnessed the heroism of the service workers and regular citizens as they risked their lives to help each other.
It reminded me how much pride I have as an American. It reminded me how much I respect firefighters and police officers. It reminded me why I pray for the soldiers every night. And it reminded me to give an extra hug and kiss to my children and tell my husband and family how much I love them.
Let us never forget.
No comments:
Post a Comment