Monday, September 28, 2009

Magic


We couldn't let Marley spend the first two and a half years of her life living practically next door to Disneyland and then move all the way to Hawaii without ever taking her there. So last Thursday, we took the kids for their first time to the happiest place on earth. 

My little girl loves all things Disney: Mickey Mouse, Nemo, Woody and Buzz, Princesses, Tinkerbell, etc. (Yes, we watch a lot of movies.) So when she arrived at the Magic Kingdom, her reaction did not disappoint. Pure joy. All day long. There really is something magical about that place. Somehow my two year old managed to hang out all day in the heat and wait in lines without throwing any temper tantrums, whining, or torturing her little brother. Magic.

The highlight of the day was getting to meet and hug Mickey and Minnie. The joy and excitement on her face brought tears to this mommy's eyes. I have always loved Disneyland but it is even better when you get to go as a parent and watch your child experience the magic for herself.

To quote my then-4-year-old-nephew Jack during his first trip to Disneyland, "Mom, is this my dream?"

The sweetest moment

Cohen enjoying the carousel
The round up gang
On the Buzz Lightyear ride

"See Pluto?!"

Her 5th go around the carousel

Flying on Dumbo

8 comments:

Mike and Amy said...

Hooray, hooray! I'm glad you guys wre able to make it!! Isn't it just the coolest thing to see their reactions? :)

(And, congrats on school!! I don't text much, sorry.)

Liz said...

Yipee, I love Disneyland. Good job getting the babies there before you left.

What's amy talking about . . . school? Do I have to have texting in order to hear about your life? Do I just have to wait and read about your life on your blog like the rest of the world?

Tiffani said...

Yes...Disneyland is the all time best with kids. You're right - it is pure magic. So glad you could go before you head to Hawaii.

Busy B Preschool said...

That place really is magic. I love seeing the excitement in my kid's eyes too. I'm bummed you are leaving. When do you go? Let me know so we can say our good byes. We will surely miss you.

Marcy Clark said...

MMMMMM Disneyland. There's no other place quite like it. The older your kids get, the more fun it gets. I've decided I'm an admitted Disney junkie. I need my fix once a year!!!
You've got a rough life don't you? Europe, Disneyland, Hawaii...I'm seeing a pattern here.

Lambert's said...

Disneyland is so magical with your own little ones. We had a great time last year. Your ticker says 3 days til you move, you must be crazy packing. How do you get all your stuff over there? Best of luck! xoxo DL

Keiauni said...

Glad you had so much fun:) Disneyland sure is special! The magic is real at that place!

Have fun on your next adventure!!

Amanda said...

Disneyland is so fun! And of course more fun with kids. Congrats on making it after so long being next door.