Wednesday, September 9, 2009

90% Excited 10% Terrified


I wasn't completely sold on moving to Hawaii so I decided to use my negotiation skills. My offer? "I'll move anywhere you want, if I can get Lasik."

So I'm 90% excited to say buh-bye to my glasses and contacts. But I'm 10% terrified to have a layer of my eye cut off.  This Thursday.

UPDATE:

That percentage went to 90% terrified when I arrived at the eye center and had to sign three pages worth of statements like: 

"I understand that I could go blind from this procedure."  
"I understand that death may occur."    
"I understand that this procedure may not even correct my vision."   
"I understand . . . "

Note to those who may choose Lasik in the future, DO NOT READ THE STATEMENTS, JUST SIGN!

However, there was nothing to be afraid of.  It was quick and painless.  I went in this morning for a follow-up and guess what?  I have 20/20 vision!

Mahalo Conway!

6 comments:

Sara said...

I'm 100% jealous you're getting lasik.

Keiauni said...

Here, here, you lucky girl:)
You can do it!

The Birth Control Pill said...

that photo made my eyes water. i don't know how you have put contacts in all these years. way to play hard ball in the negotiations. and um...excuse me...you're moving to hawaii?

Established Feb 2, 2007 said...

This thur!!!! Wow are you serious! Nice work!!!

Mike and Amy said...

So, how did it go?!?!?!?!!?!?

Amanda said...

I love this post. I totally negotiate like that all the time. Dave wants to put some modifications on his car and so I am thinking, hmmmmmm, what do I want?