Friday, November 20, 2009

New Moon & New Neighbors


I had great neighbors in Huntington Beach. They were my "family". We did dinner exchanges, we worked out together, we took care of each others' kids and we hung out all the time. The fact that I have a neighbors label on this blog goes to show what a big part of our life they really were.

Last year, I went with a couple of them to see the midnight showing of Twilight. It was so much fun! We went to Big Newport with all the twelve-year-old girls and had a blast. Everyone screamed together (yes, sometimes I instigated the screaming), gasped together, applauded together and swooned together.

I'm usually not a fan of movies that have been made from books that I love; but Robert Pattinson did not disappoint. The funny thing is that I do not find him even remotely attractive outside of this movie but as Edward Cullen, be still my heart! When we were leaving the theater last year, Matt asked us all what our favorite thing about Edward was. The first response from my lips? "His smell." Yeah I have some issues.


New Moon opened last night and I really wanted to go to the midnight showing again. So lucky for me, I found a new friend in my new next door neighbor, Emily. She is super cute, sweet and fun. She has two adorable little boys who are more polite than anyone I've ever met. I'm "ma'am" or "Miss Diana" to them. Marley has really taken to them as well and loves playing with them every chance she gets.

Emily and I left our kids with our husbands last night for a midnight date with Edward and Jacob.

Oh, Jacob.

In the book, I really wasn't a huge fan of Jacob. I only had eyes for Edward. But ho-ly cra-hap. That Taylor Lautner is one dreamy kid (half my age). Yes, I'm still aware of my issues.

Already looking forward to the next midnight showing.

5 comments:

C-Dub said...

1. Edward
2. Jacob
3. Harry
4. Me

Malia said...

LOL LOL, "be still my heart", "his smell". I just recently jumped on the Twilight wagon and it is amazing.

Keiauni said...

My HUSBAND bought tickets, and Dragged my ENTIRE family there!! (except my bro in TX:)
HE actually really like the books, too...Isn't that funny?

"his smell!!" LOL!! You are so cute, Diana! I wish I could've seen you there:)

The Blauser's said...

Now I'm even more excited to see the movie...and smell the smell! LOL!

the cummard family said...

At least you got it in the right order con. First the worst! Second the best, third the nerd of all the rest. Go ahead and make something up for 4...humor us ;)