Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A Dose of Reality


So far, my blog posts have been about fun family adventures, cute little Marley tidbits, sweet Conway gestures and all the wonderful things we Wests get to enjoy on a fairly regular basis.

But today I thought I'd take a break from the usual Romantic Comedy/Action Adventure/Musical section and veer for a moment into that uncharted world of Horror/Drama. (Ok, so maybe I'm being a little dramatic; we'll call it a documentary. Because it really is today's reality.)

I have pink eye.  

Gross, goopy, pus oozing out of my eye? Check.

Swollen eyelids glued together with mucus? Check.

Really expensive eyedrops ($46!) that feel like liquid acid when I use them? Check.

I look like an evil villain from a Disney cartoon. And not one of the beautiful Queens. I'm talking Wicked Witch meets Captain Hook.  Arrrgh!

Look out kids! There's a crooked-glasses-no-make-up-red-eyed-monster on the loose.

I'll spare you a photo.

Post Script:
After publishing this post, I am feeling extremely guilty and ungrateful. Trust me, I know I shouldn't complain; I have SO much to be thankful for and I am. In fact, having this crappy pink eye makes me that much more grateful for my health, my vision, my eyes, etc. etc. etc.  I can't wait to get them all back.
But honestly, it can't be all sunshine and roses ALL the time, can it?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel for you, that sucks!!! However, I'm sure you still look as beautiful as ever!

Megan said...

Um- pink eye is certainly worth a bit of a rant. Yuck! So sorry I hope you get better soon.

Sara said...

It's okay to complain once in a while. Sorry about the pink eye.

Liz said...

I hope you start feeling better soon. And I hope Marley doesn't get it!

The Blauser's said...

Pink eye?! How lame. Don't pass it onto Conway or Marley...you don't want any other "monsters" on the lose. Get better soon!

The Birth Control Pill said...

i have never had pink eye but i watched my brother go through it when he was younger. it was really creepy. i thank you for sparing us from the horror.

the cummard family said...

good thing you're there....and we're here. hope it goes away quick.

Tiffani said...

That was hilarious...yes definitely worth complaining about.

eli&joelynn said...

I refuse t believe you could ever resemble that scary wicked witch! I am sorry your eye is oozing and painful, but my best guess is that you are still a beauty queen!! hang in there!

Sara Boulter said...

This seriously had me laughing so hard. I was gearing up for something like death or worse..but no, it's your eyeball. Not that I'm not full of sympathy for you, but good grief Miss Optimistic-sen. You're aloud to complain you know. After all...the drops hurt you know.

Marcy said...

oh hun-so sorry about the pink eye! and dude-complain all you want-that is what friends are for right! here through the good and the bad!