Reason # 1 - They drove 750 miles with two young boys, one toddler, one newborn, one Senior Citizen :), one bad back and one busy business owner to babysit Marley in her own home.
Reason # 2 - They didn't mind that their trip was in vain (we rescheduled our trip to the Bahamas at the last minute due to Hurricane Ike); and they were actually excited that we were staying home with them (that's ten people sleeping in our little one-bathroom apartment, people).
Reason # 3 - Even though my Mom doesn't live in California, she went around with Conway knocking on doors in support of "Yes on Prop 8". When I asked her why she wanted to go, she quoted Helen Keller, "I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do."
Reason # 4 - My Mom can bust out a quote to suit any occasion.
I wouldn't be surprised if she recited one of his own quotes at him.
Reason # 5 - My sister treated us to two fun-filled days at Sea World and Knotts Berry Farm. We all had a blast. And Marley went on her first amusement park ride!
Reason # 6 - They didn't run away screaming when the saw the Pink Eye.
(Again, I'll spare you the pictures of the scary pirate; instead enjoy my beautiful nephews.)
Reason # 7 - My Dad always fixes things when he's here. This time he cleaned out the filter to our air conditioning unit (which he installed last time he was here); it was pretty nasty . . . I didn't even know it came off!
I had a picture of a dirty air filter but decided
you'd probably rather see a picture of my Dad's car.
Reason # 8 - My Mom (the Senior Citizen mentioned above) worked out with my neighbors and me. She not only kept up with us girls doing push-ups, step-ups and box jumps, but she dropped into the splits mid-workout. The splits!
Reason # 9 - They make Marley happy.
Reason # 10 - They make ME happy. They cry when they laugh. They laugh when they cry. They are my best friends. They are all amazingly happy and unselfish and kind and funny.
And I'm not just talking about the ones who came down to visit last week. I'm talking about all the Roses. I love you guys!
Here we are in 1980. Notice the little Marley-look-a-like. Yep, that's me.

And here we are last Christmas. My, how that family has grown!

Oh yeah, my family is super cool.
13 comments:
You are so sweet! I am sad your family is gone!!!
such cute little boys. i think it was meant to be....you to stay home with special guests!
That is so sweet and I'm sure you'll treasure that time forever! So we are coming on the 26th -- I'll send an email with more details :)
super cool and super gorgeous!
Super cool is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to your family. I remember hanging out at your house in high school and it was always a riot. I'm so glad that they came to visit.
Your mom hasn't changed a bit since that picture.
I agree that your family is supper cool!! We have some good memories with them. I'm glad you got to spend some time with them.
wow you do have a cool family. You are so sweet Diana.
That's so fun, hopefully you guys get to make it to the Bahamas though! Is your family making another trip back to watch Marley then?
The splits though...I am so impressed.
Your family is so cute! I love that 1980's picture!
Families are the best! I am so gald that you had such a fun trip.. Marley looks like she had a blast too!! Who doesn't love cousins?!
What a wonderful family. Isn't it great to have people who love us so much?
Oh and I agree, that 80's picture is classic and so, so cute.
Post a Comment