Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Sequel

The saga continues. . .
Turns out that the bottled acid that I was dropping into my eye was doing more harm than good. A few days after my previous post, I returned to the doctor because the bleedin' eye was not improving. He told me to stop using the drops immediately and referred me to an ophthalmologist to have it looked it.  I wanted to get this taken care of right away because I didn't want to have pink eye on our trip to the Bahamas. The ophthalmologist informed me that I had an allergic reaction to the drops and that the pink eye has now spread to the other eye. Oh Goody!

Let me back up a little bit.  Here is how the drama unfolded:

2 months ago: Conway wins a contest through work. The prize is an all expenses paid trip to the Bahamas.  Woo hoo!

2 weeks ago: Marley gets pink eye in Canada.

1 week ago: I get the dreaded pink eye.

5 days ago: My parents, sister and nephews arrive to watch Marley while we go on our trip.

4 days ago: Conway and I reschedule our trip.

2 days ago: Our flight was scheduled to leave for the Bahamas.
2 days ago: Hurricane Ike was scheduled to hit the Bahamas.

Today: April, my mom, the kids and I go to Sea World. Marley has a blast. The boys decide they love Shamu and don't mind getting a little wet. We meet L. Tom Perry and his wife. We collectively drink nine tall cups of frothy, four dollar, delicious, thirst-quenching lemonade. My eye starts to feel a little better, thank you very much.

I guess I live a happily ever after kind of life after all!

[and cue music.]

5 comments:

Sara said...

Stinkin' Ike and stinkin' eye. Glad it's over.

Tiff said...

you have the best luck.(not the pink eye thing, but everything else.) How fun to meet Elder Perry. I haven't seen your mom forever. I'm glad they got to come play with you. How fun!

Tiffani said...

Hey...waaaiittt a minute. I thought I was Tiff. :) You totally have a way with words. I love your description of events - and what a way to turn lemons into lemonade. He he...get it, you drank lemonade, lemons into lemonade. Yeah anyway. I will be seeing you NEXT WEEK! Hooray for me. See if you can get rid of that pink eye by then k?!

eli&joelynn said...

I love that L tom made the blog! ahah.. you should have asked him to cast the devil out of your eye! Hope you're healing and the prospect of that trip is lighting your days!!

Marcy said...

Was Elder Perry just hanging out at Sea World with his wife. that seems so funny to me. anyway, that is pretty dang cool!