Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Isn't It Ironic?


Isn't it ironic that just days after posting about Cohen's hospital visit, he gets another fever? This picture was taken at three o'clock in the morning while I was on fever watch last night. It was easy to write calmly about our ER trip months after it had happened; but in the midst of a fever my anxiety levels rise to hazardous levels.

I'm not sure if I used "ironic" in the right context though. I've always been hesitant about that word. Apparently Alanis Morissette had it all wrong. So is it ironic? Or just an unfortunate coincidence?

3 comments:

Paulina said...

Poor little man - do you get him checked out for ear infections? Every time Claire gets a really high fever it ends up being an ear infection - with no other symptoms! I hope he feels better today.

Tiffani said...

That song takes me back to high school. Good times.

But ANYWAY...poor little Cohen and poor little mama. If only we lived close I could help you and so some fever watch for you. Get some rest YOU!

Love ya.

MediocreMama said...

Whoahohohohoah she had it very wrong. Every time I hear that song I say to myself, "None of these examples are ironic, they just really suck." Or am I missing a bigger message? Is Alanis Morrisette over our heads?

Doubtful.

So sorry about the fevers and I'm laughing about hopscotch. I honestly never really got it, either...what's the point? That's how I played it but it always felt made-up to me, too.

Love ya Di, hope your little guys is better soon.