Saturday, August 7, 2010

Happily Ever After

Last night, I asked Conway if he had gotten me anything for our anniversary. He snickered and told me we must have been on the same wave length because he was about to ask me the same question.

I told him sorry but I hadn't gotten anything. I didn't think he'd be broken-hearted, I added, because I had given him gifts for the last five anniversaries and he hadn't ever given anything to me.

His response?

"How about six of the best years of your life?"

Touc.

Six years ago today was the best day of my life up to that point. I married the man of my dreams in a beautiful temple in paradise wearing a lovely gown sewn by my lovelier mother. We gazed into each others' eyes with nothing but love and excitement at what the future days, years and millennia would hold.

Some highlights from the first six years of eternity include:

YEAR ONE:
We moved to Barcelona, Spain, learned to speak Spanish and traveled through Europe together visiting twenty-five different countries from Portugal to Morocco to Finland and Turkey and everything in between.

YEAR TWO:
We hiked to the second highest peak in Waterton Lakes National Park in Alberta, Canada with a pregnancy test in our pocket. While on the summit, I took the test and we found out we were going to be parents.

YEAR THREE:
After a rough pregnancy with some scary trips to the ER, we welcomed our perfect little Marley Rose into the world and into our family.

YEAR FOUR:
We lived in Huntington Beach, California in a fun little apartment complex with awesome neighbors who were our very best friends.

YEAR FIVE:
Precious baby boy Cohen Marshall West joined our growing family.

YEAR SIX:
We moved to Hawaii where every day feels like a holiday.

Happy Anniversary, Sugar. No gift required.

4 comments:

Tiffani said...

Happy Anniversary!! I can't believe it's been six years. Craaaazzzyy! I love the summary and all the pictures. What a dashing family you have. I love love love the picture of you guys in Hawaii...that hat you're wearing is to die for!

Malia said...

Seriously, coolest lives ever! Can you and Con adopt me? That sounded creepy...

Sara said...

Funny guy that Conway.

By the by, there's a guy in Ryan's Air Force Unit that looks more like Conway than Jonny.

Did you know that Heidi and Adam Turner are Ryan's cousins? Do you know Heidi and Adam?

Happy Anniversary.

eli&joelynn said...

you guys are living the life! it is so crazy that while we are doing it, living I mean.. sometimes we forget how good it really is! Soak up that beautiful weather and those beautiful babies!! loads of aloha!