Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Today I . . .

Today I accompanied Marley on the guitar as she sang "I am a Child of God" on Grandma's voicemail.

Today I ate fresh papaya.

Today I told a joke to Marley and then watched her laugh hysterically before I got to the punch line.

Today I ran so hard I almost threw up.

Today I saw a man playing the ukulele as he rode his bicycle down the street.

Today I witnessed Cohen hit Marley then put his nose against the wall when she told him, "Cohen, go take a time out right now!" Then watched as she asked him for kisses and he obliged.

Today I got dressed without obsessing over my love handles.

Today I watched the sun set into the ocean.

Today I listened as my husband described how he gave hot dogs and sodas to the homeless men at the gas station near his work.

Today I fell in love with him all over again.

Today I watched Shrek for the three hundred and forty-eighth time and still found it hysterical.
Today I talked to both of my sisters on the phone.

Today I nearly perfected the lower ab leg lift on the swiss ball.

Today I stood in a stranger's backyard and listened and watched as the waves crashed not three feet from where I stood.

Today I kissed Cohen on every inch of his adorable, edible face.

Today I had a good day.


4 comments:

Tiffani said...

Yeah, that sounds like a really good day. Your kids are the cutest. I want to hang out with you in Hawaii.

Emily C said...

cohen...what a cutie!!

Amanda said...

Those small things are the best in life, aren't they?

Jenny said...

Thanks for sharing that!!!! That's a really great day!!!! You're the best! :) I'm still in admiration of you!