Monday, October 11, 2010

Answer

I haven't had any of them in two and a half years or more.


Sleep:
Cohen still wakes up all through the night to eat. Sometimes every hour from midnight until 7:00 AM. Sometimes it takes me an hour to fall back asleep. So literally, I get NO SLEEP.

Why don't I just let him cry it out? Two reasons:
1. My little runt isn't gaining weight. He has to go in to the doctor monthly for a weight check and he's still only 20 pounds. Every opportunity I have to feed him, I try to take.
2. The times I have tried to let him cry it out he has either ended up with a fever (see this post to understand why I can't let that fly) or cried so hard he threw up.

Metamucil:
My troubled tummy really needs this stuff. I'll spare you details but let's just say I always know where the nearest restroom is no matter where I go. If you've never tried Metamucil you should really check it out. It works wonders on your system especially if you have a case of the ibs like moi.

So why haven't I used it in almost two years? Two reasons:
1. It takes a couple weeks for my tummy to get accustomed. They are a rough two weeks.
2. Sheer laziness. We have a bulk supply on hand (thanks Costco) but I always forget to add it to my daily water.
New Bra:
I have either been pregnant or breastfeeding for the last 4+ years. Before I got pregnant with Marley I was a barely a B cup. When I got pregnant I had to buy a few new bras to accommodate my new um, goods. Now I've had the same three bras for the past four years. They have been stretched, dried in the dryer and soaked with milk. I could really use a new one.

So why haven't I bought a new bra in over four years? Two reasons:
1. I miss my little Bs. I hope to get them back. Same reason I refuse to buy clothes in larger sizes. I'm hoping to miraculously have my pre-baby body back. All of it.
2. Have you noticed how expensive bras are lately?

So there you have it. The answer to my silly riddle. Sorry that it's so anticlimactic. I didn't foresee the pregnancy predictions, I was merely hoping to find some sympathy for my daily plights.

7 comments:

Paulina said...

so sorry to hear about the no sleep & i can relate on the tummy issues. have you tried taking a probiotic? I usually just take one every other day. they come in pill form so you don't have to keep remembering to mix it in and they are good for you! good luck with your woes! :)

Amanda said...

That is hilarious. I totally relate on the bra thing. In fact, I feel like I never have the right clothes because my belly is too big, or my chest is too big or it's not right for the season. I hope all goes well with your son's check-up. Good luck!

Sara said...

I thought you needed a new bra because you got a boob job and you were constipated from the pain meds and you've been sleeping for recovery.

I drink metamucil every day.

Tiffani said...

Oh Nan, the no-sleep thing I can relate to and it really stinks. But seriously...I thought I had it bad but you win here. I have never been able to do the "crying it out" thing either.

And go buy yourself a new bra. You deserve it. Oprah says you should hold up the "GIRLS."

Tane and Angela said...

haha..too funny...why don't you try weaning him off and giving him a sippy of milk or something..gabby is only 20 something pounds too..she's pretty light like 5th percentile...doctors sometimes don't consider things like hereditary..(like my family, we're all small, that's why our kids are small) I wouldn't worry too much about the weight gain..my kids stink at eating!

Jacalyn said...

Too funny! I totally love your honesty! And, I'm with you on the bras. I've been saying I need a new one or three for a while now, I'm in denial that my chest is so ample and I have to buy ugly bras to hold the girls in tight... I hate it!

Aunt Doodles said...

So.....I have to ask has anyone ever connected the waking up every hour and not gaining weight? Just curious because there can be a huge correlation!